Saturday, October 31, 2009

Progress on Royal Holiday

After taking an extended holiday from stitching on Royal Holiday, I sat down last week and spent a few days putting in some stitches. There was lots of grumbling going on as I worked with the Whisper thread. Then Dani said - short strands and use a larger needle. The larger needle is easier to thread and makes the holes in the fabric a little bigger to help with pulling the thread through. Thanks Dani for a great suggestion. It works!!!! And so, we have some good progress!!!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful :-) What fabric are you working her on?

    I dislike using Wisper as well and plan on using something else instead (perhaps a white DMC/pearl Kreinik like I did for Winter Queen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the colors in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! It does have some beautiful colors in it.
    I have found that when stitching with Whisper thread that if you do a half cross stitch instead of a full cross stitch when you comb it out it works better. It seems to cover more because it doesn't have that other thread crossing over it and trapping the bottom thread. I also use two strands.
    I have done several bears with Whisper, Santa's beard and a couple rabbits. It does work so nicely. I have also used a soft toothbrush to comb it out.
    My cat carried off the expensive brush I bought especially for Whisper thread and I have never found it yet. It has to be somewhere in this house. I will find it someday.
    God Bless your stitching fingers ~
    Lenna

    ReplyDelete