Monday, November 28, 2011

Forest Goddess framed

Here she is... hope you like her!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Fairy Flora Completed Plus

I completed Fairy Flora on November 14th, 2011.  This one was started on February 26th of this year and I knew it was going to be about a year long project.  In actual time, I probably stitched on it for a total of 3 or 4 months (because I put it away a few times to work on other projects).  However, I am finding out that I am not a very fast stitcher.  If I stitch on and off all day and evening, I might get 400 - 500 stitches completed.  No matter how hard I try, I just can't get anymore done than that.  I don't know if that sounds like a lot or a little to you.  I know some of you work and get about the same amount of stitching done, so I think I am just slow but with more time to stitch than some. 

Fairy Flora is stitched on 32 count opalescent hand dyed lugana with dmc thread, 2 threads over 2 fabric threads and mill hill beads regular and petite.

The same day I completed Flora, I started Mermaids of the Deep Blue with my own color conversion.  This one is being stitched on 28 count (which is what I now prefer) opalesent lugana from Sunny Dyes fabrics, the color is "Surf."  The link can be found on my sidebar of my blog and the conversion is also on my blog found here.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Savannah's Curtsy is ALL Finished!

I finished this a few days ago but I have been kinda busy! SO here some pics of the finished needlework and I will post more after I "frame" it!

Friday, November 4, 2011

New Fabric Stash

 I am officially addicted to hand dyed fabrics now.  I have stocked up for probably the next year.  The one on the far left is Polstitches called Friendship which is a twin of the one I used for Mediterranean Mermaid.  The one in the middle is a small piece from Crossed Wing Collection (no opalescents) called Blueberry.  The 5 pieces on the right are all from Sunny Dyes Fabric, a new fabric dyer I have found.  This is my first time buying from them and I had great customer service and the product looks great.  The link for their website can be found on my sidebar.  I am in a 28 count mood these days, it just seems to look so much nicer and more even than 32 count in my opinion, so I felt the need to stock up on this count fabric.  Most of these will probably be used for Mirabilias.  Maybe a Passione Ricamo or Lavender and Lace might make it on one of these as well as some Heritage Stitchcrafts (I am liking the Valerie Pfeiffer Duets series and am contemplating the Elegance series).
Here is the progress I am making on Fairy Flora as of late; I am really trying to hustle on it since I am so close to finishing.  Also, I met some ladies at a stitching get together this week who have really inspired me so I have a new enthusiasm for my stitching projects.
I also added a little to Venetian Opulence since I last posted about her but instead of being done in a couple of weeks (this one is going to be just a portrait), I will not be done until sometime after I complete Fairy Flora.

When these are completed, I will start Mermaids of the Deep Blue On the Aqua fabric you see pictured above.

You can visit me at The Mirabilia Stitcher.