Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My sister's finishes

As I've told you in my very first post, my sister Olga is also a keen Mirabilia stitcher. She started her collection a bit later than me but it is growing so fast that I keep admiring her pace and her devotion to Mirabilias.

Olga's first work was "The Kiss". She changed the haircolor and the man's hairstyle to reach the resemblance of her and her BF:


Then came "Petal Fairy". It was her first work where she tried 1 over 1 stitching for body and face. She loved the effect as much as I do and since that time she's been stitching body and face only this way:


"Rosebud Lullaby" was stitched as a present for Olga's literature teacher and her baby daughter:


And finally we would like to show you this year finish - "Fairy Moon". Olga chose a very beautiful cloth shade for this design. She thinks that it makes the stars, the fairy dust and the moon brighter:


UPD: I've just received "Christmas Fairy" pic so here she is. This piece is not framed yet:



As for the current rotation, Olga has "Autumn Queen" and "Miss New Year Fairy" in progress so new beautiful finishes are to come soon.

Thank you for reading and keep stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes! I hope to stitch Fairy Moon in 2011 so it's wonderful to see finishes of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, valerie! Yes, looking at others progress or finishes of what you plan to stitch is also so inspiring! I hope you'll enjoy your Fairy Moon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Tell your sister to keep doing such beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a wonderful collection of Mirabilia's. Your sister has done some beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I have yet to do the one-over-one stitching on the face/hands, but I might try it for Stargazer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That of beautiful things on your blog
    Good continuation to you, all my marylin friendship France

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you for sharing! They are all lovely! What fabric did she use for Fairy Moon? I have that in my stash...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful stitching thank Olga for sharing with you so you can share with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. its quite surprising that like your sister, the KISS is my first work too...but i didnt make any changes in the hair style or colour..ur designs are really beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete