Here we will show our progress, slow or fast on our Mirabilia's. We will try to encourage and cheer each other on. Enjoy!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
A Frame and A New Start
I am really happy with how Mediterranean Mermaid's frame and mats turned out. It has 2 mats, the top being suede and has a specialty cut in the corners. The frame itself is a silverish tone with embellishments on it. I love my framer, this only cost me $106...seriously, no joke. (I always choose from the less expensive frames and always choose regular glass so I save money there).
On October 15th I started Venetian Opulence. This one is being stitched on 28 count Crossed Wing Collection's lugana, the color is Blueberry. Unfortunately, there is no opalescent in this one. I waited so long for Silkweaver to correct their error on my other piece of fabric meanwhile waiting to start MotD and nothing ever showed and since I am not sure if I want to use the original fabric they sent me or not and not wanting to wait a long time for a fabric order, I decided to order something from 123stitch. Their service is incredibly fast, I received this order in 2 days. They don't have any opalescents though. This piece, Venetian Opulence, is going to be a portrait and not the entire design.