Monday, May 31, 2010

Introducing myself

Hi everyone

I'm Karen from Little Cat Blogs and I've just joined this blog.  Thank you for the invite Kathy.  I've been visiting you all for a while and drooling over your gorgeous projects.

I am a single mum to Riley who is three years old and I work three days a week.  I had a big stitching slump in 2008 and 2009, but I'm out of that now and I stitch when I can fit it in - usually at weekend when I have more time as week days are hectic.

I have just finished my first Mirabilia - Magnolia.


She was stitched on Sparklies 'Slightly Summer' aida fabric and I changed the Kreinik to Treasure Braid which I find much easier to work with.  The rest is as charted.

My next Mirabilia will be Mermaids of the Deep Blue.  I had everything kitted up and ready to start last week, but I wasn't 100% sure of the fabric I'd chosed so I did a floss toss and took a photo for my blog.  The comments left confirmed my thoughts that the fabric was too light so I'm currently waiting for a new piece to arrive so I can start them.

Nice to meet you all officially and I'm looking forward to working with you through my massive pile of Mira's over the next few years :o)

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Karen. Magnolia is absolutely gorgeous. You did a fabulous job.
    Looking forward to watching you as you stitch Mermaid of the Deep Blue. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnolia turned out beautiful. Keep us posted on the Mermaid of the Deep as I haven't stitched her yet and would enjoy seeing you stitch her up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Karen! Your Magnolia is gorgeous! Looking forward to your MotDB wips :D

    ReplyDelete